Cost effective, non-toxic, landfill friendly, natural ingredients, low-odor and user-friendly, BEAN-e-doo® is ideal for removing vinyl, ceramic, acrylic, latex, and asbestos mastic from concrete floors. BEAN-e-doo® is so easy and safe to use that it is the only product to pass both performance and environmental safety tests by the United States Postal Service for the removal of asbestos containing mastic. With a flash point over 400 degrees, less than 3% VOC’s, and being biodegradable, BEAN-e-doo® can be used without complaint or disruption in public places or occupied dwellings.
A Leader in Worker and Consumer Safety
Users of Franmar’s BEAN-e-doo benefit from ingredients with no components that pose serious hazards. This benefit is amplified for janitors, maintenance staff, housekeepers, and others who must use cleaning chemicals in confined spaces on a daily basis. Importantly, a safer health profile especially benefits children who spend a large part of their day in indoor environments and can be particularly sensitive to the chemicals in some cleaning products. Also, the mild pH, low volatility, and low potential to catch fire enhance the safety profiles of these products.
Uses: Indoor use only for removing asbestos, vinyl, acrylic and latex mastic over concrete sub floors. Not recommended for use on wood floors.
- Made from 100% USA grown soybeans
- 100 % biodegradable. Landfill friendly.
- Use of negative air or other special equipment unnecessary
- Virtually no odor
- Cleans up easy with water or degreaser such as Franmar’s Emerge Degreaser.
- No hazardous material, grinding or Makes negative air or other special equipment unnecessary
- Less than 3% VOC
- Evaporates slowly. May dwell on surface up to 24 hours without drying
- Removes the mastic with one easy application. Less labor means more profit for applicators
- Cost per square foot as low as $0.12
- Does not contain petroleum based solvents
Coverage of Bean-e-doo Mastic Remover
|Mastic Type||Mastic Color||Approximate Dwell Time||Coverage|
|Asbestos Mastic||black||1-4 hours||100-150 SF per gallon|
|Vinyl, Latex, or Acrylic Mastic||yellow||4-24 hours||Up to 100-150 SF per gallon|
|Ceramic Tile Mastic||yellow, white||4-24 hours||Up to 100-150 SF per gallon|
- One gallon will generally cover between 100-200 SF. Most new users budget at 125 – 150 SF per gallon.
- Coverage and dwell time are influenced significantly by the condition and type of mastic, thickness of mastic, and porosity of concrete. In some conditions, BEAN-e-doo® can take up to 24 hours to dissolve mastic completely, but will do it without the use of hazardous chemicals and grinding.
- BEAN•e•doo® will not dissolve mastic that has been mixed with hardeners.
- Do not use Bean-e-doo® for removal of mastic over wood floors. BEAN-e-doo® may soak into the wood floor and cause discoloration. Using BEAN•e•doo® also might slightly darken a concrete surface.
Product Facts for Bean-e-doo Mastic Remover
|Clean Up Tools||
Application of Bean-e-doo Mastic Remover
Please note: BEAN•e•doo® Mastic Remover’s advancements in mastic removal techniques sometimes requires a different approach to cleaning up. The condition of the concrete, its surface, age, even the environment are factors that contribute to the simplicity or complexity of mastic removal. The on-site user of BEAN•e•doo® Mastic Remover is in the best position to determine these factors. The tips offered below range from how to work with the simple (tight, undamaged, fairly non-porous) concrete to the more complex (porous to very porous, highly cracked, extremely absorbent).
- Where there are wide cracks or seals, fill with a commercial absorbent like diatomaceous clay (e.g. OilDry™), saw dust, or synthetic absorbent, before pouring BEAN-e-doo® on the surface.
- Pour undiluted BEAN-e-doo® directly on the mastic surface until the mastic surface is submerged completely.
- Use a long handled brush or broom to ensure BEAN•e•doo® covers all the mastic trowel ridges and is close to the projected coverage rates.
- Allow BEAN•e•doo® to dwell until mastic softens (generally 1 – 4 hours for asbestos mastic. Dwell time for vinyl and acrylic mastics is longer, in some cases 4– 24 hours.) Let the BEAN-e-doo do the work for you!
Important notes on removing asbestos mastic: BEAN-e-doo® Mastic Remover is an innovative formula made from 100% natural soy beans that quickly coats any contaminated surface and fully contains the asbestos for efficient removal. The easy-to-work-with gel does not require workers to come in direct contact with the black asbestos mastic residue. BEAN-e-doo® does the work so you have less exposure, easy clean up and less risk.
- Use a long handled scraper or squeegee to remove softened mastic and excess BEAN•e•doo®.
Generally, black mastic will dissolve into a liquid the consistency of very old engine oil, and can be scraped into a puddle. Fill the puddle with a commercial absorbent, and then shovel into a receptacle. Black Mastic contains asbestos and should be disposed of per local regulations. All other mastics tend to lift as more solid than liquid and can be scrapped into a pile that can be picked up with a shovel.
- After picking up the dissolved/lifted mastic, there will still be a slippery, film residue remaining.
For best results cover floor with a commercial absorbent, sweep up and then follow with a mop rinse using a mixture of 4 oz Emerge™ Degreaser and 1 gallon of water. In extreme cases, and/or for especially difficult floors, scrape up softened mastic, then pick up filmy residue with a steam vacuum.
- Test the surface for residues after the floor has been mopped by applying water to various small spots on the concrete. If water turns cloudy white, this indicates there is BEAN•e•doo® Mastic Remover on the surface. Re-mopping using a degreaser is recommended.
- Retest. Let surface dry before applying new mastic or coating.
- In all cases, care should be taken not to over saturate the floor by using too much water.
Please Note: Use of rotary cleaning machines for cleanup are not recommended unless an area has been tested first.
Franmar’s BEAN-e-doo is formulated with the environment and human health strongly in mind and use the following types of ingredients: biodegradable surfactants, with by-products that are less toxic than the parent compound; solvents that are not hazardous air pollutants and pose no threat to the earth’s ozone layer; and other components with a more positive environmental profile than in conventional cleaning products.
BEAN•e•doo® is available for shipment in the United States via FedEx Ground and international destinations.