Lead Out™ Lead Paint Remover is an exciting new paint stripper from Franmar that renders lead paint non-hazardous for safe removal and inexpensive disposal. Made from soybeans, Lead Out Lead Paint Remover uses a special patented Molecular Bonding System or MBS® that reacts with lead at the molecular level to alter the lead compounds to a non-hazardous compound. The result is a simple and affordable way to safely remove lead-paint. Because the lead in the paint is converted to a non-hazardous product, waste disposal is easy and inexpensive. Lead Out Lead Paint Remover will remove multiple layers of lead paint, latex, oil paints, enamels, varnish and urethanes in one application and even cleans up with a simple degreaser such as Franmar’s EMERGE Surface Degreaser. Once clean-up is complete, surfaces treated with Lead Out Lead Paint Remover consistently produce test results well below the EPA’s lead safe limits.
Uses: Lead Out Lead Paint Remover is safe for use on wood, brick, stone, metal, plaster and concrete.
- Made with 100% American grown soybeans
- Outdoor and indoor use
- Gel formula. Two component system
- 3X the coverage of traditional strippers
- Non-caustic and no methylene chlorides
- Limits lead dust during lead paint removal
- Removes upwards of 20+ coatings in one application
- Reduces lead content during lead paint removal below federal limits EPA SW-846 (Burn Test)
- Makes all heavy metal paint non–hazardous for safe and inexpensive disposal
- Renders lead-based paint and other heavy metals non-hazardous for safe and inexpensive disposal.
- New technology converts lead to non-hazardous lead sulfide, eliminating the need for hazardous waste removal
- 100% biodegradable
- Assists with EPA’s Renovation, Repair & Painting (RRP) rule
Product Facts for Lead Out Lead Paint Remover
- Try to avoid direct sunlight or harsh winds.
- Protect plant and vegetation with a plastic drop cloth.
- Mix Lead Out Lead Paint Remover Stabilizer (powder) and Lead Out Lead Paint Remover Stripper (Gel) thoroughly until powder is fully dissolved into the gel stripper.
- Do not apply Lead Out Lead Paint Remover too thin. More layers of paint require thicker
- Allow as much dwell time as possible. Stripper will stay wet and work for several hours; 5-24 hours. Let the stripper do the work.
- If using outdoors for long periods of time, cover with a light plastic to prolong stripping action.
- May not remove epoxy. Apply a small amount for testing.
Disposal for Residential Applications
- Aiming to further reduce lead poisoning in children, the EPA has clarified that homeowners and the contractors they hire can manage residential lead-based paint (LBP) waste as household waste.
Disposal for Commercial Applications
- Test residue by Toxicity Characteristic Leaching Procedure ( TCLP) and dispose of pursuant to Federal and State regulations.
- We strongly recommend testing a small, inconspicuous spot before starting your whole project. For testing, mix a small amount of the gel stripper with a small amount of the powder in a metal or glass container.
- Ratio: ½ cup gel stripper to 1 teaspoon of the powder. After mixing sample follow steps 1 – 3 below for testing.
- Apply a thick layer of Lead Out Lead Paint Remover to the coating to be removed by pouring, brushing or airless sprayer. If applying by brush, apply in one direction using an even stroke of the paint brush ( do not use back and forth motion). Lay on a thick, even layer. If using a sprayer, a tip of 619 is recommended.
- Don’t brush or scrape the surface until the stripper has had time to work. Stripping action may take as little as two hours but could be 5 – 24 hours depending on type and age of coating, number of layers and method of application.
- Check the progress of the stripping action by using a scraper to see if the coating is softened down to the surface. If not, wait longer and recheck. Be sure not to exceed 24 hours after the powder and stripper have been mixed.
- Mix Lead Out Lead Paint Remover Stabilizer (powder) package thoroughly with Lead Out Lead Paint Remover Stripper (Gel) according to directions. Powder should be fully dissolved into the gel stripper. Poor mixing will lead to poor adhesion on vertical surfaces or ceilings. If mixture seems too watery or runny, continue mixing. Mixture can stand up to 1 hour to thicken. Do not allow to dry out or it will be ineffective. If using a sprayer, strain the powder prior to mixing. The two components combine to make a semi-paste.
- Apply a thick layer of Lead Out Lead Paint Remover to the coating to be removed by pouring, brushing or airless sprayer. More layers of paint require thicker application. If applying by brush, apply in one direction using an even stroke of the paintbrush (do not use back and forth motion). Lay on a thick even layer.
- Don’t brush or scrape the surface until the stripper has had time to work. Check the progress of the stripping action by using a scraper to see if the coating is softened down to the surface. If not, wait longer and recheck.
- Once the coating is softened, remove it with a scraper or other stripping tool. Reapply stripper if necessary and repeat steps above. After use, clean residue with Franmar’s Emerge™ Degreaser or water using a cloth or fibrous scrub pad.
- Allow surface to dry before further preparations.
- After use, clean residue with EMERGE™ degreaser or water using a cloth or fibrous scrub pad.
- Do not mix with strong acids (e.g. preoxacetic acid or acetic acid), organic halides (e.g. chloroform, methylene chloride) or peroxide (hydrogen peroxide, all peroxy acids), as hydrogen sulfide or other harmful gases may be generated.
- This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm.
- Franmar warrants only that the product delivered will be merchantable and free from defects in material and workmanship at the time sold. Under no circumstances are we liable for loss, damage, expenses, or consequential damages arising from use of or inability to use our product.
For additional information on lead based paint with regards to renovation, repair and painting (RRP) visit: www.epa.gov/lead.
All orders are shipped by FedEx ground within the continental USA. LogFinish.com ships 99% of all orders within 24 hours of receipt from our warehouse in N.C.