Unlike those non-gelled, caustic and old-fashioned paint removers, SOY•Gel™ Paint Stripper encapsulates the surface of your furniture, walls or floors in its thick gel, preventing lead or other hazardous particles from escaping into the air. Soy Gel Paint Stripper is 100% biodegradable, and is safe for your hands, your home and your antiques. After your paint removal project is finished, cleanup is a breeze using soap and water, or a simple degreaser such as Franmar’s Emerge. Trying is believing, so give the best paint remover you’ll ever find a trial run: you’ll be a fan for life.
Uses: Removing urethanes, paint, epoxies, varnishes, latex coatings, stains, and enamels from wood and concrete surfaces
- No sanding
- No petroleum based ingredients
- No toxic fumes
- Safely removes lead based paint
- Safe to use on wood, brick, stone, metal, plaster, concrete, and many other surfaces
- Made With 100% American grown soybeans
- Low Odor
- Gelled formula creates easy cling power
- Contains no methylene chloride
- Not an alkaline based stripper
- Low evaporation rate makes it possible to remove several layers of paint in one application
- For use both indoors and outdoors
|Horizantal Surfaces||200 square feet per gallon|
|Vertical Surfaces||130 square feet per gallon|
|Latex and Urethanes||10-60 minutes|
|Epoxies and Multiple Layers of Paint or Stain||3-24 hours (cover with light plastic drop cloth for extended dwell times)|
Product Facts for Soy Gel Paint Stripper
|Clean Up Tools||
Note: include customer photos before and after soy gel.
- Due to variances in concrete surfaces and conditions, test in a small, inconspicuous area before using on complete project.
- Apply a thick, even layer (1/16th to 1/8th inch ) of Soy Gel Paint Stripper to the coating to be removed by pouring, brushing, or airless sprayer (piston pumped with tip of 519 or similar). If applying with brush, do not apply as you would paint, just glob Soy Gel Paint Stripper on the surface. Do not brush or scrape the surface until Soy Gel Paint Stripper has enough dwell time for the coating type you are removing.
- Check the progress of the coating removal by using a scraper to see if the coating is softened down to the surface. If not, wait longer and recheck.
- Soy Gel Paint Stripper will remain wet and working for several hours. Longer is better. Let the stripper do the work!
- Soy Gel Paint Stripper is left to sit outdoors; cover with a light plastic drop cloth to prolong the moisture content of the gel.
- Once the coating is softened, remove it with a scraper, industrial wet vacuum, or other stripping tool.
- Reapply stripper, if necessary. Repeat steps above.
Removing lead-based paint: During the removal of lead based paint, the lead paint residue becomes encapsulated in the gel, preventing airborne lead particles, and allowing for safe disposal. Dispose residue according to local regulations.
- After use, clean remaining thin residue with Emerge™ Degreaser, using a scrub brush and/or mop or power washer.
- Make sure to scrape or vacuum excess removed coating and Soy Gel Paint Stripper before using a power washer for final cleaning.
- Always use care to prevent overspray from getting on surfaces other than the one being worked on.
- Allow surface to dry before further preparations.
Soy Gel Paint Stripper is available for shipment throughout the USA via FedEx and international destinations.