Seal Once™ Marine Waterproofing Wood Sealer is a green stain/sealer product formulated for exterior use on properly prepared, unsealed wood surfaces. Seal Once Marine Waterproofing Wood Sealer is a high-performance, toxin-free, water-based waterproofer and wood sealer that provides long-lasting protection to all wood surfaces.
Seal Once Marine Waterproofing Wood Sealer incorporates nano-technology with sub-micron particles that form a unique lattice work. The product sinks deep into the surface of the wood. As it cures, Seal Once Marine Waterproofing Wood Sealer forms an interior film that prevents water from infiltrating through the wood. Seal Once Marine Waterproofing Wood Sealer protects wood against water, mold, mildew and UV damage. Seal Once Marine is non-flammable and contains no VOCs, toxins or irritants and exceeds current eco-requirements. It is available in clear and tinted formulas. Seal Once Marine Waterproofing Wood Sealer is approved for use on docks, decks and lasts for up to 6 years on horizontal surfaces.
Product Type: Water based formula
Uses: Docks, piers, decks, railings, retaining walls, fences, planters, outdoor furniture and boardwalks
- Non-toxic, zero VOC’S, safe for the environment
- Safe for use over fresh or saltwater
- Will not harm fish, plants or pets, livestock or people
- Water-based, odorless, non-flammable, non-combustible, will not burn skin
- Paintable, stainable, breathable
- Long lasting, deep penetrating bond
- Outperforms all other sealers & stain
- UV stable
- Waterproofs, reduces mold and mildew
- Protects against cracking, splitting and warping
- Clear formula allows wood to turn gray naturally
- Semi-transparent tints add color without hiding wood grain
- Non film forming
- Easy soap & water clean up
- Made in the USA
- Endorsed by N.H. DES and is GreenSpec™ Listed.
|1 Gallon||200-300 square feet, per coat*|
|5 Gallon||1000-1500 square feet, per coat*|
*Actual coverage will vary due to porosity of wood.
Product Facts for Seal Once Marine Waterproofing Wood Sealer
Tints are shown on Red Cedar
Natural (not clear)
Cape Cod Grey
What Makes Seal-Once™ Different?
Seal Once Marine Waterproofing Wood Sealer uses a blend of polymers designed to move with a wood’s natural expansion/contraction cycles. Typical water seal products form a waxy film on the surface that will wear off in a short amount of time especially on wood decks. Seal Once Marine Waterproofing Wood Sealer is one of the only wood sealers that is approved for use over fresh and salt water.
Waterproofing Pressure Treated Wood
Special information regarding New Image Coatings’ recommendation to wait 6 months before waterproofing a new pressure treated lumber surface.
- Market leaders recommend waterproofing of pressure treated lumber as soon as 3 months. Pressure treated lumber is heavily treated with chemicals and other materials when it is manufactured. Also, pressure treated lumber is very dense. Because of these two factors pressure treated lumber is usually not ready to accept a waterproofing treatment at 3 months. However, the consumer following the advice given by the market leaders buys the product and takes the time to apply it. Because the pressure treated lumber has not dried out enough, it accepts a limited amount of the application, which as we know washes away relatively quickly. The consumer continuing to follow the instructions waits one to two years before the next application. During that period the wood dries, splits, cracks or warps because it has inadequate waterproofing protection.
- When should a waterproofer be applied to a pressure treated surface? Timing of application depends upon at least two factors. One is the weather. If you live in New England your wood surface is covered in snow for much of December through March. If you live in a southern state, your pressure treated lumber is subjected to constant sun.
- The second factor is the readiness of the pressure treated lumber to accept a waterproofer The best way to test for readiness is to purpose-fully spill water on the surface to be treated. If it readily soaks in, the surface is ready. If it sits on the surface in a puddle or pool and does not soak in, it is not ready to be treated.
Cleaning and Testing
- All surfaces must be cleaned before application for best penetration and performance.
- Remove algae, grime, mold and mildew withNew Image Coatings™ All Wood Cleaner. (hyperlink to product)
- Pressure washing is recommended.
- After cleaning, test absorbency of wood by sprinkling a few drops of water on the surface. If the water does not readily penetrate the surface, stripping will be necessary should another product still remain on the wood.
How to Mix
- Seal Once Marine Waterproofing Wood Sealer Waterproofer is shipped as a clear base product in one and five gallon plastic pails. Tint colors are added to the clear base at the job site.
- Pour one full bottle of tint into a single one gallon container.
- Pour five full bottles of tint into a five gallon pail.
- Mix thoroughly and often to insure uniform color.
How to Apply
- Assure the surface is ready to accept a waterproofer.
- Assure the surface is free of algae, mold, mildew, etc.
- Do not apply in rain or when rain is imminent.
- Do not thin. Mix well. Stir contents or shake thoroughly prior to use. Apply two coats, wet on damp, with a brush, pump-up garden sprayer, air-assisted and/or airless sprayer with a .017″ – 019″ tip size.
- Apply the waterproofer until it stops soaking Older, porous wood may accept three applications before the surface voids fill up. You do not need to wait until your first application has dried. Continue to apply product while the surface is damp.
- Use medium to coarse spray pattern. Brush out any puddles.
- For best results, apply in the shade and out of direct sunlight.
- When applying in direct sunlight and wood is hot, spray with a mist of water and apply immediately on dampened surface.
- Apply to all wood surfaces and ends.
- Do not use with other waterproofing products.
- Depending on temperature 2-3 hours is sufficient.
- Wood can be painted or stained, if desired, within 24 hours after Seal Once Marine Waterproofing Wood Sealer is applied.
- Clean equipment and brushes with warm, soapy water.
- Will not harm fish, plants, pets or livestock as Seal-Once is not harmful to people or the environment.
Seal-Once is a minor irritant to eyes, skin, inhalation and ingestion.
- If splashed into eyes, rinse with plenty of clean water for 15 minutes.
- If inhalation occurs mucous membranes can become irritated, move to fresh air.
- If splashed onto skin, wash with soap and water.
- If accidentally ingested, drink two glasses of water and refer to medical personnel. Do not induce vomiting.
Sanding or removal of paint containing lead may be hazardous. Call 1-800 424-LEAD for details, visit www.epa.gov/lead.
New Image Coatings, LLC Performance Guarantee:
LIMITED LIABILITY: Liability, whether expressed or implied, is limited to replacement of product or refund of purchase price if this product [Seal-Once™] fails to prevent ingress of moisture for six (6) years horizontal and ten (10) years vertical surfaces when used according to label instructions.
New Image Coatings Cleaners performance warranty and liability, whether expressed or implied, is limited to replacement of product or refund of purchase price if the cleaner product fails perform as promised when used according to label instructions.
Liability cannot include labor costs or consequential damages. Liability cannot be modified or extended by manufacturer’s representatives, distributors, or dealers of New Image Coatings, LLC products.
All orders are shipped by FedEx ground within the continental USA. LogFinish.com ships 99% of all orders within 24 hours of receipt from our warehouse in N.C.
Contains No Hazardous Materials and is not toxic.